I usually have my music already running when I'm putting my shoes on, but I didn't this time, all I heard were leaves ruffling through the window. As I stepped outside at 6:45 AM on Tuesday, it was different. Some foreground noises I heard was a car engine that turned on behind me. It made me turn my head of course, I guess this is naturally engrained in me as I grew up in the city to always react to car noises for my safety.
Including the leaves around me, other keynote sounds I hear are are crickets. We know that right now is sometime from 11PM to 7AM, when there aren't that many people outside. Crickets could also be a soundmark noise because they usually appear in places that are not "traffic heavy". Sure there are cars running and parked on the street, but I live in a pretty suburban area in Queens. There are lots of tree's and (natural) plans around me; not the stuff thats planted in Manhattan for the aesthetics. The wind is abnormally loud today. Maybe it's because I always have my earphones plugged into my ears. During some moments I felt like I could almost see the wind coming from a certain direction because I was so focused on it.
My morning runs are usually 30 minutes tops, since I have to rush to school. But since I planned for an hour today, and I didn't have music, it felt a lot longer. As I headed back home, not only did I feel the hunger, but I heard my stomach make the strangest sound. I felt like my stomach was trying to speak to me in a foreign language. I also stopped when I heard a bee buzzing around my ear. It went towards a bright sunflower.
I have to say that this was a really pleasant experienced. I did a lot more walking/strolling than running because I enjoyed being with nature and taking in everything around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment